Jerusalem Cross with original mother of pearl.
The Jerusalem Cross has several significant meanings;
- The central cross stands for Christ and the four smaller crosses stand for the 4 evangelists John, Luke, Mark and Matthew.
- The large cross represents Christ as the strength at the center of Christianity, and the smaller crosses as the 4 corners of the earth to which the faith spread.
- The crosses represent the wounds that Christ suffered when He was crucified; the central cross for the wound on His side, and the 4 smaller crosses for the wounds on His hands and feet.
- The 5 crosses represent the five nations that figured in The Crusades: Great Britain, France, Spain, Germany and Italy.
- The reverse of this cross features the 12 Stations of the Cross and the word ‘Jerusalem’.
|Dimensions||16 × 16 cm|